Seafarer Training & Development
Marlow, investing in your future through training
The most important part of Marlow’s ship and crew management service is its human resources – the crew. As such, training is a fundamental element of our business philosophy.
We are committed to skill enhancement and career development via structured programmes and extensive training resources worldwide.
In the Philippines, examples of Marlow’s extensive seafarer training activities include:
- Filipino cadet programme at United Marine Training Centre (UMTC) in Manila, as well as affiliation to many maritime universities and colleges throughout the Philippines
- Upgrading opportunities, including tailor-made courses and statutory STCW courses
- State-of-the-art maritime training simulators, including full mission bridge simulator (with mini bridges), full mission engine room simulator, crane simulator, heavy-lift simulator, liquid cargo handling simulator, and GMDSS simulator
- Seagull Computer Based Training (CBT) and classroom teaching, and
- Ship's cook/culinary training program and upgrading courses.
In Manila, our training centre also has a 650-bed 4-star dormitory that provides an effective boarding style environment for cadets/seafarers. More information can be found at maritime training and safety.