The event took place at the Conference & Exhibition Complex of Odessa Commercial Sea Port between April 19-21. Marlow Ukraine was also an official sponsor of the event.
"This event was an excellent opportunity that opens up unique opportunities to better promote our company and brand, as well as establishing connections and business partnership with other maritime professionals," stated Managing Director, Marlow Navigation Ukraine, Captain Boris Ezri.
Ukraine is among the top five countries that supply the world merchant fleet with qualified officers. For Marlow, it is the leading source country for marine officers and represents around 30% of total crew at the company.
Being the marine capital of Ukraine, Odessa is one of the largest centres of education, training and employment of seafarers in Europe, with around 80 thousand employees working in the industry.
The event included distinguished conference speakers discussing a range of important topics relevant to today’s maritime industry, including:
- legal regulations of training, certification and labour of seafarers
- competence standards and seafarer employment requirements of shipping, manning and crewing companies
- maritime education and training (MET) systems
- quality management systems
- on-board training and cadet programs, training fleet
- simulator training
- distance education (e-learning) and training programs designed for developing seafarer education and skills
- assessment of knowledge, comprehension and proficiency
- career enhancement & qualifications upgrade courses
- human factor and safety of navigation, and
- human resources management: seafarers psychological adjustment to multicultural crew