Marlow Navigation’s biennial Manning Agency conference was held at company head office in Limassol, Cyprus on the 5th and 6th of March 2015. Representatives from 16 international crew manning agencies attended, with a total of 80 participants.
The aim of this year’s conference was to initiate review and discussion regarding services and tools provided to our agencies and seafarers. Some of the topics discussed included:
- Results of our Agency / Seafarer questionnaire which covered a wide variety of issues
- Review of the Marlow Vessel CD
- Review of the ‘feedback from seafarers on Marlow services’ questionnaire (conducted and presented by the main Marlow agencies)
- Review of various operational issues
- Summary of activities in the Offshore market
- Review of our generic Pre Departure Briefing tool
- Review of our Crew Inspections in general (including the results of a survey completed by the agencies and feedback received during de-briefings)
- Review / analysis of the customer complaints received during 2014
- Review of our training activities, with the focus on how to measure the effectiveness of training
- Introduction of our Ethiopian cadets training scheme, and
- Introduction of the new Marlow website and branding
These topics stimulated lively discussion and many constructive and helpful comments were exchanged.
"Based on this feedback, an action plan has been put together. Feedback regarding Marlow tools and services is no doubt vital for continued improvements and we look forward to continued support and comments," stated joint Managing Director, Marlow Navigation, Andreas Neophytou.
"Looking at the points which were taken from the various presentations and discussions we can safely conclude that the Conference was a success," he added.
In addition to implementing the action plan, attention is already turning to the next Agency Conference in 2017. Together with the feedback generated, the aim is to ensure that the 2017 conference will be even more successful!